[lug] printer support under redhat 6.1 - Another solution

Byung-In Kim itchingbrain at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 01:26:18 MST 2000

Hey people,

I was solving this very problem today and found a solution to it!
My linux box didn't recognize even the parallel port when I ran printtool.
So I tried the method manipulating modules but failed. :-<
I browsed the Internet and found that I should  ***COMPILE THE KERNEL*** so
that RedHat 6.1 supports the parallel.  I compiled my kernel, and kudzu
beautifully recognized even the printer model, with the parallel port.  So
it all worked.  I didn't even have to deal with modules.