[lug] Using Xwindows with Linux 6

Mathias, Robert S (Robert)** CTR ** rmathias at lucent.com
Fri Jan 14 10:19:08 MST 2000

I just set up my linux6 box and want to configure Exceed to run an Xsession
on the linux box. when I complete the setup, I get a error that states "
unable to connect to server using start method specified" . I have asked my
Unix guru buddies and they state that on a Unix box, there is a "netgroup"
file that enables certain remote machines "Xwindows " access. What is the
equivalent linux file that I need to modify in order for a successful
Xwindows session? Is there also a specific command line that must be
specified in Exceed? If so, what is it?

Thanks,

Robert Mathias
Desktop Support