[lug] Tossing out ideas...

Doug Dew doug at avitek.com
Fri Jan 14 10:06:18 MST 2000

Wayde,

BJUG has had good success with a dual ("newbies" and "regular") meeting
format. The newbies meeting occurs immediately before the regular meeting.
The agendas of the two meetings are coordinated, so that the presentations
of the regular meeting tend to build upon the presentations of the newbies
meeting.

The newbies meetings are well attended, and many of the people attending the
newbies meeting stay for the regular meeting.

The newbies meeting also recieves regular support in the form of food
(pizza, cokes, etc.) from a local recruiting agency.

Chris Hogue (hogue at avitek.com) ran BJUG until just recently. I'm not certain
to whom he turned over his responsibility.

Doug