[lug] Boulder Linux User Group (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Jan 19 10:21:43 MST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:47:41 -0800
From: Shannon Wolfe <swolfe at searchwright.com>
To: wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Subject: Boulder Linux User Group

Hi Wayde-

I found your contact information the www.redhad.com list of user groups and
wanted to contact your group's membership. I am a recruiter representing a
company here in the San Francisco Bay Area in search of a talented Linux
Systems Manager.  I thought that there might be someone within your
organization who would be interested in a position like this one.  [Or if a
user group member knows some who would have this skill set that they would
like to refer, I give nice-sized referral fee to a successful placement. :)]
If you could pass this information onto your user-group members, I would
appreciate it!
Also, once this person is in place, other positions requiring less
experience will be available within the organization.  Please let me know
if you have questions or referrals.
Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!
-Shannon

Job description and contact information below:
The IT Systems Manager will be responsible for building and managing two
high performance teams to insure the environment of a heavy traffic, 7x24
web site.  This person will manage a systems team covering a series of Linux
and Sun servers in a Cisco network environment.  This Manager will be
responsible for the uptime of production systems, hardware and network
vendor relationships, as well as the design, test, and implementation of the
production environment.
Experience Required:
The ideal IT Systems Manager candidate will have a minimum of three years of
experience managing a 7x24 production system.  Also, we are seeking
candidates with 'open source' environment background if possible as well as
experience in a variety of environments. We are a company that encourages
individual creativity and at the same time holds a strong dedication to
quality and maintaining 'best practices'.
We offer a competitive base salary (100K to 120K) as well as stock options
and full benefits.  We are able to consider possible domestic relocation for
the right candidate.
If this has sparked your interest, please send your resume to
swolfe at searchwright.com or (415)538-1501.  With questions please call
Shannon at (415)538-1500 X117.
Shannon Wolfe

Shannon Wolfe