[lug] NT workstation vs Samba

Mathias, Robert S (Robert)** CTR ** rmathias at lucent.com
Thu Jan 20 11:26:34 MST 2000

I have a legitimate user account. in fact, I gave the user account
"root/superuser" privileges since I cannot login remotely as root user. When
I try to add the NT machine to the "domain", I get an error that the machine
account needs to be added. I login with a "superuser" account that should be
able to add new machine accounts, but I am unsuccessful. Perhaps if I had a
checklist of some type to run checks against that would be more helpful. I
set up a similiar sandbox network at home and have been successful til last
night, all of a sudden my permissions were revoked for no apparent reason.
Was in the middle of copying files, then "unable to copy file, check if disk
is full or write protected" I know that this is false b/c I had just copied
1.2G of mp3s when I received the error msg. (Another issue to post later)

Thanks again