[lug] support contracts for ssh, lsh, OpenSSH, etc?

Neal McBurnett nealmcb at lucent.com
Tue Jan 25 14:05:53 MST 2000

I'm trying to break them of the habit, but sometimes businesses (big
businesses!) want to pay for official support for various free tools.

This time I'm interested in tools that are compatible with SSH - that
fabulous security tool for everything from logins to remote execution,
copying, tunneling, VPNs, etc.

	http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh/

Other compatible tools:

	http://www.net.lut.ac.uk/psst/
	http://violet.ibs.com.au/openssh/
	http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

Unfortunately this stuff isn't yet in most US distributions, though
the recent export rule changes should help a lot.

Who knows who is willing to take money to support these in particular,
and what they charge, and what platforms they cover (e.g. Solaris,
Windows, Linux)?

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett <nealmcb at bell-labs.com>  303-538-4852 Denver
Bell Labs / Lucent Technologies