[lug] CHAP

Aaron Hayden Aaron.Hayden at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jan 25 20:08:37 MST 2000

Yes, I'm one of those brand spanking newbies.  My ISP is bouldernews (part
of infi.net) and recently they changed their local access phone numbers and
instated MSCHAP (microsoft challenge/handshake authentication protocol).
I've been having trouble dialing in because Linux needs to be configured
specially to perform this protocol.  Even though I've sorted through all of
the Linux HOWTO help files on CHAP and most of the PPP documentation. The
main problem is that I don't know the <remotename> of the server that I
would dial into. How can I find this out?  And does anybody use bouldernews
sucessfully? and if so, how did you do it?