[lug] re: Tossing out ideas

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Jan 26 11:46:26 MST 2000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, John Starkey wrote:

> So I guess I'm not the only newbie here???

Oh heavens no!

> I'm in SW Denver. I see a lot
> of posts from this area. How many people normally attend the meetings?

Typically around 50 people attend meetings.

> How many newbies??

This is actually an unmeasurable quantity since there is no consistent
definition of "newbie".  I've met people who call themselves newbies that
could easily give the group high level presentations.  I think that people
need to remember that Linux is such a broad topic that probably no one
person knows everything there is to know about it.

I can hazard a guess that somewhere around half of the people at any given
meeting would consider themselves newbies or would at least claim to still
learning.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)