[lug] DSL in Denver?

Justin glowecon at netscape.net
Wed Jan 26 17:51:39 MST 2000

I'm sure this have been brought up, in fact I remember a bunch of posts a
while back about DSL (at that time I had cable modem and didn't pay
attention). I'm searching for a DSL setup that will work with my redhat 6.1
linux box. It costs (from USwest) $100 for an Intel 2100 internal modem or
$240 for an external Cisco 685 modem/router. My previous setup with the
external cable modem was to run cat5 from the cable modem to eth0 in my linux
box, then eth1 ran the internal network. I would like to have a similiar setup
with the DSL but that entails buying a $240 modem. Any suggestions on what
route to take? Anybody gone through this already? Thanks for any help...

           Justin