[Re: [lug] DSL in Denver?]

Justin glowecon at netscape.net
Wed Jan 26 21:45:00 MST 2000

Alan Robertson <alanr at bell-labs.com> wrote:

> The $240 modem is heavily discounted when you buy service.  I paid $50 for
it,
> along with a $70 charge for initiating service.  I just got it installed
this
> week.  I don't have the firewall admined yet, but it works great so far.
>
> I'm planning on reinstalling the machine it's on and it's network isolated
as of
> now, so I don't care if it's cracked while I'm getting around to it.

Do you by chance remember who you coordinated this with at USwest? The person
I talked to said the $240 would be distributed out between 3 monthly bills for
the modem on top of regular service charges. If I can get the modem for $50 as
you did I would jump on this. Also, what isp did you choose? I was thinking
about using Interfold (www.interfold.com) because that is who I used to have
dialup with and their DSL pricing is fair. Thanks again...

    Justin