[Re: [lug] DSL in Denver?]

Alan Robertson alanr at bell-labs.com
Wed Jan 26 22:06:35 MST 2000

Justin wrote:

> Alan Robertson <alanr at bell-labs.com> wrote:
>

> > The $240 modem is heavily discounted when you buy service.  I paid $50 for
> it,
> > along with a $70 charge for initiating service.  I just got it installed
> this
> > week.  I don't have the firewall admined yet, but it works great so far.
> >
> > I'm planning on reinstalling the machine it's on and it's network isolated
> as of
> > now, so I don't care if it's cracked while I'm getting around to it.
> >

> Do you by chance remember who you coordinated this with at USwest? The person
> I talked to said the $240 would be distributed out between 3 monthly bills for
> the modem on top of regular service charges. If I can get the modem for $50 as
> you did I would jump on this. Also, what isp did you choose? I was thinking
> about using Interfold (www.interfold.com) because that is who I used to have
> dialup with and their DSL pricing is fair. Thanks again...

I ordered this last millenium :-).  It looks like the promotional deal I got in
under is gone.  But, you get free activation (the $70 charge).  I paid a total
of $120, and you'd have to pay $240.  So, it isn't *quite* as bad as it might
be.

US West's current promotions are here:

	https://megawot.uswest.com/order/promo_redir.asp

You'll note that there are no promotions out on the Cisco 675 external modem
like you want.  Sorry.

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr at bell-labs.com