[lug] DSL in Denver?

Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Thu Jan 27 09:28:06 MST 2000

Are you in an apartment?  Is this a fairly new housing complex?  There
are a couple of reasons why you cannot get DSL (or ADSL):

1)  You have to be within 15,000 feet of the CO (phone switch).  This is
15,000 feet of wire, not 15,000 driving, or line of sight.
2)  Some of the "older" new housing complexes was wired with fiber
optical cable to support all of the houses, and any "upgrades" (i.e. a
resident orders two more phone lines, etc.).  Fiber is not compatible
with ADSL.
3)  If this is an apartment complex, and old enough, the phone lines
might be multiplexed.  In other words, USWest puts more than one phone
number on a physical pair that leads into the apartment building.  ADSL
is not compatible with this setup.

Viggy

I would just like to find someone who offers a fast connection for a
reasonable price in my area. When I first moved in USWest's site said I
could get DSL for my number. Now it says something about it is available

in my area but there is some other reason I can't get it...such as
hardware or something.

Anyone have DSL around Bowles and C-470 in Littleton?

--

----
Kyle Moore