[lug] RE: Feb 17 or weekend afterwards? - CLUE's Feb. 19th Install Fest

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Jan 27 12:08:39 MST 2000

I finally did locate an old message I had crossposted the BLUG list on
January 12th.

   February 19th CLUE Installfest - Since Microsoft is releasing W2K Feb
   15-17th, we'll be working the release by having an Installfest that
   weekend to counter Microsoft's effort.  Since 80% of the people only
   use 20% of their computer, let show them that with about $30-40 they
   can have a full blown OS WITH a full Office suite (Star Office)
   compared with the over $200 for a new W2K version (if you didn't buy it
   bundled)  and over $400 for a smaller Microsoft Office suite.  A
   savings of over 90% over Microsoft products, and the OS doesn't ever
   crash!!

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)