[lug] Re: DSL in Denver?

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Thu Jan 27 12:12:58 MST 2000

If you are at 134th & Huron, it's possible you are on the Broomfield Central
Office at 120th & Sheridan. That would probably put you out of range.

FWIW, the Broomfield Central Office DSLAM only is capable of 256K. The
hardware they have doesn't go any faster.

When I first tried to get DSL at my house (112th & Sheridan) they said that
I couldn't get the service. I then loop qualified my neighbors house. It
qualified fine. In my case I had previously had 2 ISDN circuits and 3 voice
lines in my house. They had to put multiplexers on the lines to get all of
this to fit through the existing pairs.

When I moved my office out of the house, I had US West install a new line,
and made a special note for the technician to physically go out there and
remove all of the multiplexing equipment.

I then had that line loop qualified and had DSL within 2 weeks.

I have had the DSL now for about a month and it seems to be working fine.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585
Fax: 303 469 9679