[lug] Newbie Needs Help on Installation

Eric Weber weber at math.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 27 15:46:55 MST 2000

I had this exact problem with a similar setup.  I had win95 and my kernels
(in a linux partition) on the master hard drive, first ide controller, and
the rest of my linux system on the master hard drive of the second ide
controller.  My solution was to move the boot.b and map files from /boot
(on /dev/hdc) onto the linux partition on /dev/hda, then editing lilo.conf
and rerunning lilo.  Depending on the distribution, you may be able to
boot from the CD and mount your linux partition in order to repare it.