[lug] BLUG and the Expo's in April

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Jan 31 16:48:51 MST 2000

BLUG has been asked to provide some level of activity at two separate
events coming up in April:

   - CLIQ <http://www.thecliq.org/>, April 1, 2000

   - The 2000 Denver Computer & Technology Showcase/Internet Expo
     <http://www.techshows.com/denver.htm>, April 25 - 26, 2000

I think we need to provide a BLUG presence at both of these events, and if
nothing else we should have a booth or table representing our group.

For the CLIQ event I believe that a simple booth is primarily all we'll
need to provide since their event is intended to be exclusively Linux
based.  If you want to give a presentation or help them out you should
contact Mike Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>.

The 2000 Denver Computer & Technology Showcase/Internet Expo on the other
hand is oriented at the computer business market in general.  At the
minimum I think we need to man a booth to pass out info and let the
business community know about Linux.  I simply can't pass up the
opportunity to have a Linux booth at the same event as Microsoft.  Maybe
we could get adjoining booths <grin>?  There is also the opportunity for
us to provide seminars if we so desire.  I have a meeting this coming
Wednesday (Feb. 2, 2000) with the planners of this event to help figure
out what it is that we want to provide and to let them know what we will
need.  At this point I figure I'll just work to get us a booth.  If there
is any interest in expanding our presence through presentations, etc.,
please let me know as soon as possible.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)