[lug] BLUG and the Expo's in April

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Feb 1 10:59:37 MST 2000

Wayde Allen wrote:

> BLUG has been asked to provide some level of activity at two separate
> events coming up in April:
>
>    - CLIQ <http://www.thecliq.org/>, April 1, 2000
>
>    - The 2000 Denver Computer & Technology Showcase/Internet Expo
>      <http://www.techshows.com/denver.htm>, April 25 - 26, 2000
>
> I think we need to provide a BLUG presence at both of these events, and if
> nothing else we should have a booth or table representing our group.

<snip>
I agree with you.  I am willing to prepare some hand outs and help man a booth
at the business expo.  Over the past year I had a chance to implement several
Linux servers in our office.  I can provide info an Samba performance, IP
masquerading, WWW services, ...  All in a Windows Clients only shop!  I also
have info on cost of ownership comparisons between MS and Linux systems.

> The 2000 Denver Computer & Technology Showcase/Internet Expo on the other
> hand is oriented at the computer business market in general.  At the
> minimum I think we need to man a booth to pass out info and let the
> business community know about Linux.  I simply can't pass up the
> opportunity to have a Linux booth at the same event as Microsoft.  Maybe
> we could get adjoining booths <grin>?  There is also the opportunity for
> us to provide seminars if we so desire.  I have a meeting this coming
> Wednesday (Feb. 2, 2000) with the planners of this event to help figure
> out what it is that we want to provide and to let them know what we will
> need.  At this point I figure I'll just work to get us a booth.  If there
> is any interest in expanding our presence through presentations, etc.,
> please let me know as soon as possible.

<snip>
Let me know what exactly you think we should prepare.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid
(Staff Engineer)