[lug] bash (I think) question

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Feb 1 14:27:35 MST 2000

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary Hodges <hodges at srrb.noaa.gov> writes:

Gary> Once in awhile while typing, I'll accidentally put a ' at the
Gary> end of a command line entry, and my xterm then becomes useless.
Gary> Nothing I type is echoed to the window, I can't exit the window,
Gary> but I can type enter which only produces another > .  My normal
Gary> prompt is ~> .  Can I get back to my original mode without
Gary> killing the window and restarting the xterm?

yeah, it's just thinking you are typing some long extended command
in. a ' generally means you are quoting something...

You can do a control-c and it should cancel that and go back to your
regular prompt.

Gary> Gary

kevin
--