[lug] BLUG and the Expo's in April

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Tue Feb 1 16:04:12 MST 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Ferdinand P. Schmid wrote:

> > I think we need to provide a BLUG presence at both of these events,
> > and if nothing else we should have a booth or table representing our
> > group.
>
> <snip>
>
> I agree with you.  I am willing to prepare some hand outs and help man a
> booth at the business expo.  Over the past year I had a chance to
> implement several Linux servers in our office.  I can provide info an
> Samba performance, IP masquerading, WWW services, ...  All in a Windows
> Clients only shop!  I also have info on cost of ownership comparisons
> between MS and Linux systems.
>
><snip> Let me know what exactly you think we should prepare.

OK, it looks like we may have some interest for doing a few presentations
at the Denver Computer & Technology Showcase/Internet Expo.  In addition
to the possibilities above I can offer to talk about how I'm using Linux
for data analysis in my lab.  If anyone else wants to chip in let me know.

I'll find out tomorrow what they will actually let us do.  On the phone
they have offered us a table or booth, the possibility of holding a
meeting at the conference, and/or a seminar room.  I'll see what I can
get.  I'll shoot for a table at the least, and try to get a conference
room for our use.  I'll let everyone know what I find out tomorrow.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)