[Re: [lug] DSL in Denver?]

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Feb 1 21:26:33 MST 2000

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 10:24:57AM -0700, Justin wrote:
> Viggy <LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu> wrote:
> I can get DSL and I am familiar with all the technicalities that involve
> getting it installed (I work in the telecom industry). I was more curious as
> to what modems people are using with linux and what isp's are offering decent
> service.

Using the Copper Mountain: CopperRocket here... was provided by the DSL
carrier.  Works great.  About the size of three packs of cigarettes laid
side to side.  Has both a "rolled" and a standard Ethernet port on it
and an external power cube for DC power.  Another port for the analog
line.  Four multicolor LED's: Power, LAN (Link light), DSL
(yellow/orange for training, Green for in-service, Red for error), Data
(green for data, red for errors xmit/receiving data).  The LAN light
goes out (kinda strange) when the Data light comes on.

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>