[lug] scsi termination...

Gary Masters gmasters at dotsplat.org
Wed Feb 2 16:59:54 MST 2000

On 1 Feb 2000, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Wayde> I know the newer SUN's have a SCSI bus test that can be run at
> Wayde> the boot prompt.  That might be a place to start.
>
> yeah, I think its:
>
> probe scsi
>
> at the new boot prom "ok" command.

On a SPARC classic, there is one SCSI bus (unless you have added
an S-Bus card).  The internal drives aren't supposed to be terminated.
The external connection will auto-terminate if no external devices
are connected.

To see what's on the SCSI bus, try probe-scsi at the open boot
prompt.

WRT the 120 MB in 780 hours... from what type of media were you
installing?  If over the Internet, is it possible that the network
is at fault?  Are you going through a firewall?  If so, is it doing
something funny to FTP sessions?

I have installed Linux on several Classics, and so has Kirk Rafferty.
Feel free to contact me off-list.

--
  Gary Masters
  gmasters at dotsplat.org