[lug] DSL in Longmont?

Samartha samartha at pobox.com
Thu Feb 3 05:19:02 MST 2000

USWest is doing it's MegaBit thing and you can have your line checked on
their website if it's close enough. It's in the small business section.
There is a 15000 or so line (wire length) limit for 512 MB and I was out of
range for that in Longmont but then they offered 256 MBit service and
interestingly, one line in my house qualified, the other did not.

If you are running Linux, you want to get the Cisco 675 router. I started
first with their cheap service ( 2 hour limit, internal modem, M$oft
Windoze support only) but then upgraded to the full time service. I have
not had a chance to hook up the 675 modem with Linux but I don't see a
problem. The service with the internal modem works fine and I got some
Winroute light software running doing proxy for two Linux machines.

Samartha