[lug] NT/Linux dual boot setup?

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Sat Feb 5 15:32:46 MST 2000

Elyse:
I followed the attached instructions, which were posted to this list at an
earlier time.  The setup works great for me!

Ferdinand

NT - Linux dual boot:

Date:             Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:00:07 -0600
From:             "Moore, Kevin L" <klmoore at ball.com>
To:               "'lug at lug.boulder.co.us'" <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>

Jeff, install lilo into the boot block of your Linux root partition and then
copy that boot block to a file:

dd if=/dev/hda1 of=boosect.lin bs=512 count=1

change the above partition to whatever lilo is installed on and then copy
bootsect.lin to a floppy. Boot into NT and copy bootsect.lin to the root of
your system drive (C:\).
Change the attributes on boot.ini to make it writeable, and add this line to
it:

C:\bootsect.lin "Linux Version x.xxx"

Change boot.ini back to read only and you should be good to go. Let me know
if you have any questions....Kevin

Systems Administrator
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
Boulder, Colorado