[lug] dial-up access found (was: US-West Dial-Up access)

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Feb 9 15:51:55 MST 2000

HI,
Thanks for all your feedback.  There had been one reason for me to not
sign up with Fairplay communications - my flex modem.  They don't
advertise that they are backward compatible so I assumed the were not.
But I like their philosophy, the fact that they offer shell access and
generous web space.

The throughput I got with them was phenomenal for my location (I had
never seen anything past 40 kbps).  So no US-West, the company many of
you seem to have such poor luck with.

Thanks again for all your advice, especially for the hint that fpcc.net
has backward compatible modems.

--
Ferdinand Schmid
(Staff Engineer)