[lug] Re: CLUE: So Where Do We Want to Go Today?

bill ehlert bill_ehlert at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 00:19:40 MST 2000

--- RE Otta <re_otta at mho.net> wrote:
> John Kottal wrote:
>
> >   Microsoft's newest television advertisement uses
> the
> >   musical theme of the "Confutatis Maledictis"
> from Mozart's
> >   Requiem. "Where do you want to go today?" is the
> cheery
> >   line on the screen. Meanwhile, the chorus sings,
> >
> >        "Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus
> addictis,"
> >
> >   which translates to:
> >
> >        "The damned and accursed are convicted to
> flames of hell."
> >
> > I suppose that this must mean Sun, Netscape, AOL,
> IBM, Java,  Linux
> > users  and the DOJ. <g>
>
> Quite wrong! It refers to those still condemmed to
> using  Uncle Bill's
> evil products. They MUST be saved! thats where we
> evangelist's of the
> Mighty Penquin come in.

**  speaking of nasty unkle bill . . .

    there was a smallish item buried inside Thursday's
    Wall Street Journal about win 2000

    said there's a new feature, something something
    directory services, that doesn't do all of
    its wonderful things unless it is present on
    both server and client

    said the European Union is investigating this
    because it might lead to ms "dominating
    e-commerce".  would work like this: all the
    win 95/98 users upgrade to win 2000; they
    find they can't get the most out of sites
    without win 2000 server running; many, many
    sites dump any and all non-ms server s/w; and
    how exactly this leads to "dominating
    e-commerce" wasn't clear.

    hope the doj saw it.