[lug] vi/vim again

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sat Feb 12 16:42:36 MST 2000

One thing to keep in mind however is that vi is what's available across
numerous unices.  I have been disappointed a number of times to find
what vim does isn't what vi does on an HP-UX (multi-level undo is the
first thing that comes to mind).  Anyway, it doesn't hurt to keep in
mind that there is a core set of commands that work everywhere and then
there are the niceties that have been added on a per program basis.

Hugh