[lug] vi/vim again w/ Star Office.......

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sun Feb 13 01:00:44 MST 2000

So that you don't have to log out, use xterm or nxterm or something.
Logging out just to use the command line sounds awful.  Alternatively,
Ctrl-Alt-F1 will take you to a virtual terminal that you can use.
Afterward Ctrl-Alt-F7/F8 should take you back to your X session.

Here's a website on vi
http://www.ius.cs.cmu.edu/help/Emacs/VI/vi.html

I'm sure you could check the archives for the vi intro that was posted.

Hugh