[lug] Staroffice and libc

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Sun Feb 13 14:58:17 MST 2000

>>>>> "Chris" == socket  <socket at peakpeak.com> writes:

Chris> It seems that Staroffice 5.1 wants to use libc 2.0.7, and both
Chris> Debian Potato and KRUD use 2.1.2 - the libc stuff Staroffice
Chris> wants is on the CD, but I'm not quite sure where to put it so
Chris> it won't interfere with my existing libc setups.  Any
Chris> suggestions?  Which of the Fine Manuals should I read?

in my most recent installs, i put the bulk of the staroffice
distribution (e.g. ./setup -net or whatever it is) into
/usr/local/staroffice-5.1.

in this case, i'd just put the libs into a "./lib" subdirectory under
there, and add them to LD_LIBRARY_PATH when i ran 'soffice'.  more
info can be found in the staroffice install docs (iirc), as well as in
"man ldconfig".

t.