CLUE: Re: [lug] Re: Newbie how-to's

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Feb 14 10:47:34 MST 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:

> 	I am also working on finding a suitable method for converting lyx
> files to HTML. I have tried a number of latex to html converters, but they
> often have a rough time with lyx generated latex. Latex2HTML looks the
> most promising, just haven't had time yet to play with all of the options
> adaquately to get good output. Once I do, will put up HTML versions as
> well.

I was playing with Latex2HTML just a couple weeks ago.  I was able to get
some pretty nice html code from my Latex papers.  I was particularly
pleased that this would automatically convert my equations into graphics,
and seemed to do a pretty good job.  I wasn't always pleased with how it
subdivided the document into pieces based on the Latex sectioning
commands, although I could see this working well for some things.  I did
discover that this could be controlled by the option commands though.  I
have no idea how well it works with Lyx generated LaTeX files though.  I'd
be interested in hearing what you discover.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)