[lug] BLUG presence at the Computer and Technology Showcase

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Tue Feb 15 17:18:58 MST 2000

I'm finally getting around to reporting back on the meeting I had with the
Computer and Technology Showcase people.  They have agreed to give us a
table where we can let people know about the LUG's as well as slots for
two Linux related talks.  They want one Linux talk for each of the day's
of the event, April 26 & 27.  The interesting thing is that this show is
specifically targeting the CIO's and computer system buyers for companies
in the Denver/Metro area.  You can get a feel for the show by visiting
their web site at http://www.techshows.com/denver.htm.

With this in mind, we need to start working out what we are going to show
off at our table, as well as who will be able to physically be there to
answer questions, etc..

Right now, I need to locate two people who would be willing to give a talk
at the event.  We need these talks to appeal to the business community and
I need to get titles and abstracts for these presentations to the event
organizers as soon as possible.  Any volunteers or recommendations?

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)