[lug] Mad Mice and X Windows

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Tue Feb 15 18:41:29 MST 2000

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 12:32:11PM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 09:22:58AM -0700, Michael J. Pedersen wrote:
> > Step 3: Fix the mouse information using your appropriate system tool. For
> >         instance, under Debian, use XF86Setup. This tool should be available
> > 		under most distributions of Linux.
>
> Oh, one other thing... XF86Setup requires that the VGA16 X server be
> loaded on the machine also.  Some folks remove that server after getting
> their card-specific server working.

I do appreciate the help there.  It actually makes me wish I was doing a
proper HOWTO for this particular problem :)

It's also true that I used simply what my setups had been in the past, as
opposed to what generic setups would have been.  I am guilty of not being
generic enough in that fix description.

Maybe I could be let off by saying that I assumed the folks who would read
that would know enough to have translated what I wrote to their system?

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen