[lug] Thursday's MS Win2K Launch Event

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Wed Feb 16 14:30:23 MST 2000

Ok,
  It looks like we have a last minute push for attendance at the
MicroSfot launch event tomorrow.  (Many Thanks to Matt Taggart for
the reminder and details).

Microsoft Windows 2000 Launch Event
Temple Buell Theatre
950 13th Street
Denver , CO
February 17, 2000 1:00PM - 4:00PM

I have shirts from RedHat and LinuxMall is going to provide some
handouts, etc also.  Tummy.com is even giving some people time
to come down and some KRUD CD's. (Think you guys can provide some
shirts?  with the logo, they'll really get people's attention.)

We're looking at a great chance to do a CD/Leaflet/toy handout
and get some great publicity.  Zonker from LinuxMall says he's
going to try and get us some great news publicity even if it
is short notice.  We can even take turns wearing the Penguin
outfit if he can get it in time.

The theory:
  Showup around 12:15 in a conspicuous spot in the middle of
    the parking lot (let's not take up the front and look
    too obnoxious)
  Bring Signs, handouts, etc, but NOTHING ANTI-MS.  Comparisons
    from the industry should be ok.
  HAVE FUN!!!  We met alot of people last time and handed out
    300-400 CD's in less than an hour.
  If you have a camera bring it (I'll bring mine) and we'll put
    up a multi-lug/vendor web page.  This will help show the
    community we have running.

I know some people don't like cross posting between lists, but
since I'm trying to organize all 3 groups, let's let it fly.

cat Flames > /dev/null

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                |  Low quality in a product happens.
Senior System Engineer          |    That doesn't mean it's right and
  at RnD Consulting             |      definitely doesn't mean it should
                                \_       be accepted.  Require quality.
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: