[lug] Re: BLUG presence at the Computer and Technology Showcase

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Feb 16 17:25:39 MST 2000

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Robert L. Harris  wrote:

> A bit far out to plan for me right now, but i'd be willing to help man
> a booth.

Fair enough, we'll definitely need to plan a booth for both CLIQ and this
event.  Right now I need are two people that would be willing to speak
about Linux at the show.  If we want to get our foot in that door I'll
need to get titles and abstracts for these presentations sent to Tony
Patton very soon.  I think this is fairly important since it is a chance
for us to speak to a corporate rather than a Linux specific crowd for a
change.

I suppose I could give a presentation about the growing use of Linux hear
at NIST, but am not sure if the business community would find that too
useful.  I'm thinking something that would show off how Linux could solve
some problem in the business world would be good.  Perhaps this is too
restrictive?  I guess the first question would be - if you were/are the
CIO of a company what is it you would like to know about Linux?  Then
perhaps we could tailor something from that.

Some possible ideas that I can think of are:

   - Linux professional certification

   - Linux as a Server

   - Compatibility of Linux in a mixed computing environment

   - Security

   - Network monitoring

   - Description of a real world business implementation of Linux

   - High Availability Linux

etc..

 - Wayde
 (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)