[lug] Large hard disks.

Jason Vallery vallery at colorado.edu
Fri Feb 18 22:47:15 MST 2000

I just installed a new hard drive on one of my machines. I have 98 on
/dev/hda1 (10GB partition).
(I know, I still need windows for some things)

/dev/hda2 is my primary linux partition which is about 3GB.

When I run LILO it complains about my drive being over 1023 cyl.

Anyone have any experiance with this problem? I thought it might be related
to my bios, so I installed the little ez-bios thing that came with this
maxtor drive. That diddn't help. It really sucks booting with loadlin every
time.

Thanks for any suggestions.