[lug] 32meg linux running X?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Feb 23 11:43:05 MST 2000

Thus spoke Rob Mohr
> The news copy stated that all of these 'net "appliances" worked with only
> 32 meg of ram.  Is this a trick?
>
> I don't remember any of my minimal linux installs being below 100 meg.  Do

They're running in 32MB RAM.  The installs take >100MB of disk space, but
they run in very small memory footprints.  I know you can run text based in
8MB.  X will run fairly well in 16MB if you configure things properly (like
using a very low memory window manager).
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com