[lug] "ALL: PARANOID" in /etc/hosts.deny

M Katherine Pagoaga pagoaga at boulder.nist.gov
Fri Feb 25 12:25:45 MST 2000

I found it on solaris in

man -s 5 hosts_access

I also set up an e-mail spawn for attempts

ALL:ALL:spawn (/usr/bin/echo "Someone from %a is testing `hostname` using %d" |
/bin/mailx -s "RED ALERT !!! (Message from TCP Wrappers)" pagoaga):DENY

This is in the hosts.allow file of the new format which allows denys to be
included.  If you put it in a hosts.deny file, remove the :DENY from the end of
it.

Katherine

Katherine Pagoaga                         e-mail:  pagoaga at boulder.nist.gov
National Institute of Standards and Technology  Fax:  303-497-7696
Mailstop 896, 325 Broadway                    Phone:  303-497-5104
Boulder, CO USA  80303-3328       Opinions expressed do not represent NIST.