[lug] Satellite 2-Way Dishes

metcalf at attglobal.net metcalf at attglobal.net
Fri Feb 25 14:08:18 MST 2000

The best article I've seen so far on this was on pages C1 & C10 of  The
Denver Post for 24Feb2000.  It was short on technical details and long on
financial forecasts for their wonderful
innovations.  It said that the service was developed in conjunction with an
Israeli company, Gilat
Satellite Networks, and will initially operate as Gilat-To-Home until they
can think up a snappier
name.  The article said that EchoStar is competion for 2-way satellite ISP
with General Electric's
DirecTV which is partnering with AOL.