[lug] win98SE and RH6.0

Harris, James A (Jim) HarriJA at LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM
Fri Feb 25 12:53:51 MST 2000

This is a total guess, but make sure you're running the most recent version
of Samba (2.06 last time I looked.)  I know there was an issue with Win2000
and prior releases of samba that 2.06 fixed.  Maybe this same issue exists
in Win98SE?

Just a thought...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hahn [mailto:dwhahn at bigfoot.com]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 10:52 AM
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
Subject: [lug] win98SE and RH6.0

Dear LUG,
am setting up RH 6.0 and Samba at work. can see Linux in all network
neighborhoods except for a Win98 second edition machine. same domain,
configuration, etc. can telnet to Linux, but can't use Find computer to see
it either. got a whiff of some win98SE issues in a forum, but no specific
help, so am doing what I should have in the first place. help! thanks.
Dave Hahn
Get Visto.com!  Private groups, event calendars, email, and much more.
Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
Check it out @ http://www.visto.com/info