[lug] FTP more better.

Doug Shaw shawd at pcisys.net
Sat Feb 26 08:45:44 MST 2000

At 03:51 PM 2/26/00 GMT, you wrote:

>I'm trying to d-load FreeBSD from ftp.freebsd.org. I've got everything
>I need except for src.tar which is huge. It keeps timing out. So I've
>decided to do the files individually using mget. I can't hang out to
>keep confirming files and the i option doesn't work.
>
>Does anyone know of a way to get the files to d-load???

Most FTP clients have a "prom" command, short for "prompt," that tells mget
to confirm or not confirm each file transfer.  The syntax is "prom"; it's a
toggle.

You don't mention what client you're using either, but some clients support
resuming aborted downloads.  NcFTP under Linux does, for example.  Granted,
the ability of ANY client to resume depends on the ability of the SERVER to
resume the download.

Doug