[lug] Invoking Browser from Mutt??

Gary Masters gmasters at dotsplat.org
Sat Feb 26 15:46:16 MST 2000

On Fri Feb 18, 2000 at 08:57:48 -0500, Subba Rao wrote:
> I would like to check some of the URL's in my email. I have
> Netscape, Lynx and Links browser. There later 2 are console
> based text browsers. I would like to call one of these, initial a
> text based browser from mutt. Can I do this from Mutt?
> If yes, then how can I do this?

The way I do this in mutt is via the program urlview.  Once urlview
is installed, try adding the following lines...

macro index \cw |urlview\n
macro pager \cw |urlview\n

...to your .muttrc.  Then, to cause a URL to be opened in Netscape,
type ^W, scroll to the URL you wish to visit, and hit enter.

urlview may be obtained from one of the following sites:

ftp://ftp.cs.hmc.edu/pub/me/
ftp://ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de/pub/net/mail/mutt/
ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/Mirrors/mutt/contrib/
ftp://ftp.etri.re.kr/pub/mail/mutt/
ftp://ftp.pnm.net/pub/unix/mutt/contrib/

--
  Gary Masters
  gmasters at dotsplat.org