[lug] Job position for a CU student

Gary Hodges hodges at srrb.noaa.gov
Mon Feb 28 14:27:47 MST 2000

I've just had an advertisement for a CU Student Assistant placed on CU's
web site, but thought I would post it here too.  If it looks interesting
to anyone here, give me a call for more information.

---
                   Job Description CIRES Student Assistant

The CIRES student will work with staff scientists from NOAA's Air Resources
Laboratory, Surface Radiation Research Branch.  Hourly salary will start at
$10.50 or higher depending on qualifications.  For more information, contact
Gary Hodges at (303) 497-6460.

DUTIES
        The incumbent will be responsible for migrating software designed to
        run with the Win9.x operating system to the Linux operating system.

EXPERIENCE
        Knowledge of Unix/Linux and to a lesser degree, Win9.x is
        required.  Experience with Java, Perl and C is strongly desired,
        however, proficiency in other structured programming languages will
        be considered.

EDUCATION
        The incumbent should currently be in pursuit of a degree at CU,
        preferably in the computer or physical sciences.