[lug] Newbie Needs Help with dual-boot Install

Jeff Howell howeljs at louisville.stortek.com
Fri Mar 3 08:45:41 MST 2000

Calvin Dodge wrote:

> I'm guessing David is pretty busy right now - otherwise, he'd responded to all
> the helpful emails.
>
> We got Dave's system set up with both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde OSes last night,
> and dual-boot works properly.
>
> That's one FAST system, BTW (600 MHz Athlon).
>
> Calvin

Here's a question, kinda off topic. When comparing fast systems, what's a good
benchamrk to use under Linux? I typically use Quake3 because I can compare
numbers against windows on the same hardware.
For example, on my box, using 'fastest' settings in Q3 I'm pulling 101.4 fps
at 640x480. Windows98 is pulling about 80. A lot of that is that Win98 isn't
SMP aware. I'm looking for other benchmarks to play with.
Thanks!

--
 Jeff Howell
 EDS Unix Support