[lug] Anyone installed bugzilla?

Andrew Diederich andrew at netdelivery.com
Fri Mar 3 14:26:17 MST 2000

(And I'm not talking about Mike Loseke's volkswagen.)

I've downloaded the 2.8 bugzilla source from mozilla.org and am trying
to give it a whirl.  They have a neat perl script that checks to
see you have a good configuration, but I'm dying on the installation
of some perl modules, and CPAN is a big mystery to me.

The modules that have trouble installing are GD and Chart::Base (so
far, at least).  I kick off perl with perl -MCPAN -eshell, and then
start the install with install GD and install Chart::Base.  GD dies
with a lot of undeclared stuff:
GD.c:2033: `font' undeclared (first use in this function)
GD.c:2033: parse error before `tmp'
make: *** [GD.o] Error 1
  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Oops, make had returned bad status
Running make install
  Oops, make had returned bad status

and dies, and the Chart::Base does this:
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at blib/lib/Chart/Base.pm line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at blib/lib/Chart/Bars.pm line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/bars.t line 1.
dubious
        Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
Undefined subroutine &Test::Harness::WCOREDUMP called at /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/Test/Harness.pm line 288.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

My biggest problem is I have no idea how to run CPAN effectively.
I've taken a cursory look at man CPAN and I guess I could install the
Chart::Base with "force install Chart::Base" but my guess is forcing
installs of these things is a bad idea.

Help? *whimper*

-Andrew
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else."