[lug] Linuxstart gEEK oF tHE wEEK! award. (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Mar 6 09:30:17 MST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:50:59 -0800
From: Sharyl Smith <graphics at linuxstart.com>
To: wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Subject: Linuxstart gEEK oF tHE wEEK! award.

Dear Lug Meister,
I noticed you had a cool Linux site.
I've often wondered why I ever installed Linux as a dual boot OS and wiped
out 2 years of 3D Objects (You see I'm a 3D animator by profession)
It was for a reason. As I was climbing out of that black hole of despair
known as "THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH", I knew I was about to learn more about
computers than I ever wanted.
So, in order to have a reason to go on, a reason to learn what <!-- -->
means,
I NEEDED A  GOAL!!!
I talked it over with Victor Goodman and Greg Dolley and we decided to
create the Linuxstart gEEK oF tHE wEEK! award.
http://linuxstart.com/geek/
It's a cool way to get recognition for your LUG members in an International
Forum.
Perhaps someday even I'LL win and then I can retire.
Check It Out!
Sharyl Smith
Graphics at linuxstart.com