[lug] photo editor

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Mar 6 11:43:17 MST 2000

Thus spoke Calvin Dodge
> Hugh Brown wrote:
> >
> > What's everyone's favorite photo editor for Linux.  Specifically, I need
> > something to get rid of some red-eye on a few photos.  I have tried
> > gphoto but it just crashes if I try and open an image.  I have tried
> > compupic which looks too much like a windows app and doesn't seem to
> > have any functionality that gimp doesn't already have.  I can't get to
>
> It's true that Compupic has less functionality - it was designed that way.

CompuPic is a content management system more than a photo editing system.
Its designed to complement Gimp, not be an alternative to it.  I use it
quite a bit to manage the images in my galleries and stock photo
collections.

For photo editing, Gimp is the best bet.  gphoto is best for dealing with
image acquisition from digital cameras and other devices.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |    When blondes have more fun, do they know it?