[lug] Linux cost of ownership study (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Mar 6 15:55:35 MST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:02:04 -0500
From: Tony Baer <tbaer at tbaer.com>
To: wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Subject: Linux cost of ownership study

I am the editor of COMPUTER FINANCE, a journal which covers IT economics.
We focus on cost of ownership, resource management, and ROI/benefit
valuation issues.

We did a preliminary report examining Linux last year which I have
attached [I have removed this since it was formated html - Wayde]. At this
point, now that there's been more experience, we want to conduct a wider
range study that would look at a more representative sampling of Linux
installations.

Do you know of any members of your user group who have had at least 6 - 12
months operating a Linux-based system who would be willing to share their
experiences?

In exchange, of course, we'll send a copy of the report, due to be
published in our April issue.