[lug] gcc header files

John Starkey jstarkey at polaris.umuc.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:41:55 MST 2000

I finally rec'd this. Dated 36 hours ago. Has USPS taken over the net:}

> > Anyone know why these won't go thru???
> >
> > I'm pulling from stream inputtxt so:
> >
> > inputtxt << fixed << showpoint << setprecision(2)
>
> Try calling them specifically as members of ostream. Haven't tested
> it, but this should work:
> inputtxt << ostream::fixed << ostream::showpoint <<
> ostream::setprecision(2);

I just tried this and rec'd

no match for 'ifstream & << ios::{anonymous enum}'
no method 'ostream::setprecision'
'fixed' undeclared (first use this function)
'showpoint' undeclared (first use this function)

I don't know where to go from here. We are just getting into using ::
although we have been using namespace std;  in all the code so far.

Thanks,

John