[lug] Alpha install

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Mar 16 20:01:04 MST 2000

Compaq is donating Alpha's for our registration system for CLIQ.  The first
box I got was an old Digital Server 5000 Model 5305.  I have RH5.2/Alpha
but it doesn't look like this version of the Alpha is supported.  I can't
figure out how to use either Milo or SRM on this box (I suspect Milo is
the option to use, but don't know what image to use from the CD).

They may have a DS10 for us to use instead.  Red Hat lists the DS10 as
supported and certified, so it should work.  My question is:  does anyone
on this list have experience loading the Alphas with Red Hat and could
spare some time to help us load them?  I think once I see how its done I
should be able to load the other boxes (6 others coming on Monday),
although I don't know right now if those are Intel or Alpha class boxes.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  If you take an Oriental person and spin him