[lug] perl/Tk question - fixed and working ...

arnie asherman1 at uswest.net
Sat Mar 18 17:20:19 MST 2000

Tkil wrote:

> from the errors you report in your second post, it looks like the perl
> built on your system was built with threads; ick!  anyway, you might
> stand a chance if you build Tk yourself (it should, as stated, "just
> work" if you compile it from within CPAN::shell, or with "perl
> Makefile.PL" etc.  but threads are still experimental; naughty of
> caldera to ship with that as the "production" perl...)

Apparently, you are correct, I failed to get a good build trying to
compile from source, but I did get a working setup by removing all of the
original install, and installing the perl-5.00503-2.i386.rpm and
perl-Tk-800.015-1.i386.rpm from rpmfind. Binaries, but seem to be working
fine on my system.
Thanks for everyones help with this.

--
arnie sherman
frenomulax at bigfoot.com

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now,
 only much, much better."
        -Laurie Anderson