[lug] Executing programs

KELLEY SCOTT T kelleys at ucsu.Colorado.EDU
Mon Mar 20 10:35:45 MST 2000

I was wondering if a kind guru might enlighten me. I have been trying to
get some programs, including Acrobat reader, to work on a linux box and a
Sun machine. The tarballs unzip and 'untar' just fine, but when I
go to execute them, I get the message "command not found" even though I am
in the same directory as the executable. I've checked the modes and it
should be executable. I've even tried changing the modes 'chmod +x ___' to
no avail.

Does anyone out there have a suggestion about what might be wrong, or what
I might not be doing? Thanks in advance for any help you can pass my way.
-Scott

Scott T. Kelley, Ph.D.			E-mail: Scott.Kelley at Colorado.edu
Dept. MCD Biology			Phone : 303-735-1808
Campus Box 347				Fax   : 303-492-7744
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO  80309-0347
U.S.A.